School Certifying Official
VA Education Benefits
RESPECT | HONOR | GRATITUDE
Clatsop Community College is proud to welcome you and has a wide variety of programs to meet your interests. CCC can help you prepare for transfer to a university, upgrade your job skills or prepare you for a new career. Programs at CCC are approved by the State Board of Higher Education State Approving Agency as qualified training for students eligible for VA educational benefits. Our VA Certifying School Officials follow the VA rules and regulations for submitting enrollment certifications to the VA Regional Office in Muskogee, Oklahoma, for benefit calculation and payment to student.
Eligibility determined solely by VA
Your eligibility for VA Educational Benefits is determined solely by the Veterans Affairs Office in Muskogee, Oklahoma, by applying online at www.gibill.va.gov. On the home page select APPLY FOR BENEFITS.
Once you have SUBMITTED the application, be sure to keep a copy with the confirmation number on the bottom for your records. In a few weeks, you should receive a Certificate of Eligibility letter. You must submit your Certificate of Eligibility letter to this office in order for your classes to be certified for benefits and you will be required to have an initial meeting with the School Certifying Official and also complete a Rights & Responsibilities form.
Note that CCC is not the Veterans Administration. Based on information provided by you and/or college records, CCC reports registration, changes and final grades to the VA for determination of payment eligibility. Determination of your educational benefits, issue and benefit questions should be directed to the VA at www.gibill.va.gov or by calling 1-888-442-4551.
- Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Chapter 33) * G.I. Bill® is a registered trademark of the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official US government website at benefits.va.gov/gibill.
- Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® Transfer to Spouse or Dependent information
- Montgomery G.I. Bill®-Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Vocational Rehabilitation for Veterans with Service-Connected Disabilities (Chapter 31)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill® – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR – Chapter 1606)
- Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) – (Chapter 35)
- Education and Career Counseling (Chapter 36)
- CareerScope – free interest/aptitude assessment through VA website
- Tutorial Assistance
- BAH Calculator – (calculate on E5 pay grade rate w/dependents)
Financial Assistance Opportunities for Military Personnel and their Families
- Financial Aid - Military Student Aid
- Scholarships for Military Families: A listing of various scholarship opportunities (.pdf, 8.53KB).
- Post-9/11 GI Bill®: Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (ongoing) Public Law 111-32, the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship, amends the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (chapter 33) to include the children of service members who die in the line of duty after Sept. 10, 2001.
- Debt Management Center – St. Paul, MN – 1-800-827-0648
- Department of Veteran Affairs Education –1-888-442-4551/ www.gibill.va.gov
- Department of Veteran Affairs Home Page – 1-800-827-1000 / www.va.gov
- Oregon Department Veterans Affairs – www.oregon.gov/ODVA
- Survivor Benefits – http://www.vba.va.gov/survivors
- VA Direct Deposit / Address Change – 1-877-838-2778
- VA Voc Rehab – Portland Office – 503-412-4577
- Verification of Enrollment – 1-877-823-2378 – (CH 30, 1606 & 1607 must call the last calendar day of EACH month to verify enrollment)