CCC Student Refund and Financial Aid Payment Disbursements Are Now Through BankMobile
Refunds and Financial Aid payments for Clatsop Community College students are now released through BankMobile. Students receiving refunds and financial aid payments must select preferences on how they want the money released to receive their funds. All students were sent instructions to their Clatsopcc.edu email from BankMobile in September on how to select these preferences so money can be released. It is important for all students receiving refunds and financial aid payments to complete this process to secure their funding.
The new BankMobile disbursement process will give students options for receiving funds:
DEPOSIT TO AN EXISITING ACCOUNT – Money is transferred to a student’s existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
DEPOSIT TO A BANKMOBILE VIBE ACCOUNT – If a student opens a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from the college.
INSTACHECKS –for those that have not chosen a disbursement method through BankMobile, instachecks will be available once financial aid disbursement has been completed. Financial Aid disbursement is expected to be completed the week of October 12th. Once the date is confirmed, we will provide an update with details. A photo ID is required to pick up an instacheck.
All students will be asked to select a refund delivery preference from the options listed above. Here’s what to do to set up your preferences:
- Update mailing address- BankMobile will mail a Personal Code to students at the current address on file with Clatsop Community College. Students can make updates to their address by logging onto the Clatsop student portal.
- Look for the Personal Code- Starting on September 16th,2020, students should look for their Personal Code, it will arrive in a bright green envelope and by email from BankMobile to their Clatsopcc.edu email address. Students may use any code assigned to them to select their refund preference.
- Select how they want their money delivered- Once their Personal Code arrives, students should go to RefundSelection.com and enter their code to select how they would like to receive their money. If students select the BankMobile Vibe Checking Account as their refund choice, they will receive a temporary virtual Debit MasterCard® to use until their physical card arrives in the mail.
In order to provide more flexible options for receiving refunds, CCC has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid and other school refunds, including scholarships, to Clatsop Community College students beginning on September 30th, 2020. For more information, visit BankMobileDisbursements.com/refundchoices/
By registering for a class at the College, you have incurred a legal obligation to pay all tuition, fees, and any other charges relating to your enrollment, even if your charges are being paid by another party. Unless you officially withdraw from your courses within the full refund period each term, you are obligated to make payment by the due date published in the relevant college publications.
A late payment fee of $50 will be charged if your account is not paid in full (or an installment plan is not set up) by the third Friday of classes. An additional $15/month will be added to delinquent accounts.
You will not be allowed to register for subsequent terms until your account is paid in full.
Payments may be made by any of the following methods:
- Credit Cards: Discover Card, VISA & MasterCard
- Cash: US funds only
- Checks: Local personal checks; non-local personal checks (with check guarantee card); travelers checks; cashiers checks; and money orders are accepted. Make payable to Clatsop Community College. A $35 charge and all collection costs, including court costs, will be charged on returned checks. After the college has received two returned checks from you, all future payments must be made by cash, credit card, or cashiers check; personal checks will not be accepted. Returned checks of any nature, including NSF and stop payment, do not cancel your financial obligation for payment
- Mail payments to: Clatsop Community College, Attn: Student Accounts, 1651 Lexington Ave, Astoria OR 97103
- Financial Assistance/Scholarship: Ensure that the Student Account Specialist has a copy of your scholarship awards before the payment due date to avoid late payment fees. Check your MyCCC account to ensure that your fianacial aid is in place before the payment due date each term
- Alternate Funding Source: Present official payment authorization to the Student Account Specialist by the payment due date or late charges will be assessed and/or the account will be sent to collections
The College offers an installment payment plan to help you meet your tuition expenses more easily. You can arrange for a payment plan at the Student Services Center or on-line at My CCC. Any student may participate in the Installment Payment Plan, except those noted below. If you qualify, the following conditions apply:
- you must register using your social security number
- a $20 processing fee will be charged
- a minimum $50 down payment must be made
- the remaining balance, after down payment, will be divided into two equal installments. A late payment charge of $15 will be added to the outstanding balance for each installment that is not made by the due date
- any balance remaining on the last day of the term may immediately be referred to a collection agency, the Oregon Department of Revenue, or an attorney for collection. Collection and/or attorney fees will be added to the outstanding balance
- any balance due may be deducted from all financial assistance or scholarships awarded to you
- you will not be allowed to register for subsequent terms until your account is paid in full
NOTE: The Installment Payment Plan is not available to:
- students receiving full funding from financial assistance, scholarships, or alternate source
- students owing less than $150
- international students
For credit class refunds, you may sign up for BankMobile for processing of any refund due to you by going to the following website and completing the banking information:
A credit balance occurs whenever the amount of funding applied to a student’s account exceeds the student’s charges in a term. To ensure consistent and accurate financial records, Clatsop Community College (the College) reconciles all credit balances on an account within 21 business days.
A Title IV credit balance occurs when the total amount of Title IV funding (Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, Plus Loans, Pell and SEOG Grants) applied to a student’s account exceeds tuition and required fees in a given term. Federal regulations require all Title IV credit balances to be resolved within 14 calendar days of the first day of the term, or within 14 days of the date the credit is created if the Title IV funds are credited to a student account after the first day of the term.
Federal regulations require the College to obtain written authorization from students (and parents in the case of Parent PLUS loans) to retain Title IV funding for future charges (additional terms in same Academic Year), or to utilize funds for allowable* charges other than tuition and required fees.
*Allowable charges = books, supplies, and other educationally related goods and services provided by the institution
Title IV Credit Balance is reconciled within 14 calendar days of the first day of the term, or within 14 calendar days of the creation of the credit, if the Title IV funds are credited to a student account after the first day of the term, through one of the following:
- Holding funding until end of academic year if an authorization has been received
- Payment by EFT(direct deposit into students bank account) if an authorization has been received
- Payment by check to student if prior two bullets do not apply
If a non-Title IV credit balance exists, reconciliation will be completed within 21 days based on the last method of payment received which created the credit.
Type of Payment and reimbursement
- Credit Card: payments by credit card, that card will be reimbursed.
- Cash or ACH: payment by cash or a cashier’s check will be reimbursed by check.
- Check: payment by check will be reimbursed by check.
- If Authorization on file, non-credit card payments will be paid through EFT *
*if EFT information has changed, a new authorization is required immediately to prevent delays in processing
Who is reimbursed- depending on the loan, scholarship, or grant the reimbursement will vary accordingly
- Non-Title IV, non-institutional grants and scholarships: based on guidelines from source. May go to student or be returned to source.
- Employer: If an employer makes the payment which causes the credit, the employer will receive the reimbursement unless student pays for course prior to employer payment.
- Military: The award/benefit will be reviewed for accuracy prior to paying to student.