Puerta de Oportunidades
You do not need to have a social security number or be eligible for financial aid to participate in the program.
Puerta de Oportunidades Provides These FREE Services to Help You Succeed at CCC!
- Academic Advising- We assist you with course selection and degree planning to help you stay on track!
- Career Guidance – Need help selecting a major? We’ll help you build your knowledge about possible career paths. We offer career assessments and will help you interpret your results and identify careers you will enjoy.
- Scholarship Assistance – We help you identify scholarship opportunities! Click here for a list of scholarship links!
- Transfer Planning Assistance –Transferring is complicated, but we know how to help. We offer four-year college campus visits in Oregon and Washington to help you decide which campus is right for you.
- Technology Support –We have computers for you to use, as well as calculators and voice recorders.
The support services provided are proven to help students persist in college and reach their degree goals. Students with access to these services are more likely to graduate with a degree, transfer to a university, and to maintain good academic standing at Clatsop. Additionally, participants will be encouraged to enroll in a 5:1 Matched College Savings Program. (Eligibility determined by partner organization and based on space).
- Admitted and enrolled at CCC
- Degree/Certificate Seeking (You are working towards a degree or certificate at CCC).
- Students ineligible for Financial Aid (Students unable to apply for financial aid due to residency status)
- Accuplacer placement into LA090, WR115 or WR121.
- GPA 2.25 or higher (Individual consideration for GPA's below 2.25)
Click here to apply online! or stop by our office for a paper application.
If you submit a paper application, please return completed application to the TRIO SSS/Puerta de Oportunidades Office in Towler Hall, Room 312.