TRIO Student Support Services Program
The TRIO SSS program is a Student Support Services project at Clatsop Community College. The TRIO SSS program is a 100% US Department of Education funded TRIO Student Support Services project receiving $348,048 annually. Our goals are to increase the retention, graduation and transfer rates of eligible students.
Take advantage of the following benefits:
- Grant Awards – Pell eligible? Apply for money to help you fill the gaps! We award $10,000 annually!
Transfer Assistance – Campus Tours, Career and Major Exploration, University Application Assistance and Fee Waivers, FAFSA & Scholarship Assistance
- Individual Tutoring for Free!
- Take Credit Classes for Free! – We offer classes each term that count towards elective credit!
- Lending Library – Laptops, Calculators, Textbooks, and Voice Recorders
The students served by the TRIO SSS program must meet the following eligibility guidelines, as defined by the U.S. Department of Education:
You must be an admitted, degree-seeking student at Clatsop Community College with need for our services and be one or more of the following:
- First-generation college student (neither parent graduated from a 4-year college) or
- Low-income according to federal guidelines or
- Have a documented disability which impacts your ability to participate in the educational experience.
If you’re not sure if you qualify, stop by our office, or fill out our online application! You won’t know if you don’t apply! All applicant and participant information is kept confidential.
TRIO SSS program students are people who are working hard to achieve their goals. They are older, younger and in-between; with families and without; students who always wanted to go to college but never thought they could; students who know exactly what they want to do and students who need help figuring out which path to choose. Stop by our offices, meet our staff and students, and find out how we can help you achieve your educational goals!
For more information, call (503) 338-2346 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org