For GED testing please contact Lurayne Smith at email@example.com or 503-338-2481.
For ACCUPLACER, ODA pesticide testing or distance education testing please contact Lori May at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-338-2426.
The campus Testing Center is located in Columbia Hall, Room 110. All testing is done by appointment and we currently offer the following types of testing:
- GED® tests
- ACCUPLACER placement tests
- Distance education test proctoring (exams from other institutions)
- Oregon Dept. of Agriculture Pesticide Certification exams
View the October Testing Center Calendar (.pdf 91 KB)*
View the November Testing Center Calendar (.pdf 90 KB)*
View the December Testing Center Calendar (.pdf 90 KB)*
All GED tests are computer based. The four subject areas of testing are:
- Reasoning through Language Arts (combining reading and writing): 155 minutes
- Social Studies*: 75 minutes
- Science*: 95 minutes
- Mathematical Reasoning*: 120 minutes
(*Students are allowed to use a personal handheld TI-30XS model calculator for these tests. This calculator is also embedded in the computer test modules for use.
Registration Procedure for GED Tests
To register for a GED test, go to the website: www.ged.com
- Sign up and log onto MyGED
- Select "Schedule Test"
- Pay the $38 per test module fee with a debit/credit card or voucher which can be purchased from Student Services at CCC's main campus, Columbia Hall 109
Scheduling GED Tests
The GED website will show a range of times on the dates that testing is available. This is to allow you the opportunity to schedule two tests, back-to-back, on the same date if desired. However, please note the following requirements:
- Schedule your test to begin at the first posted test time (example, 2p.m. if the posted times are from 2p.m.-6p.m.) If you sign up for a second test on the same date, it will automatically begin immediately following your first test.
- Check-in at the Testing Center one-half hour before the test (example, 1:30p.m. for a 2p.m. test).
- A valid (not expired) government-issued ID is required to be shown each time you take a test. This ID must have: your picture, name, address, date of birth and signature. NO ID/ NO TESTING!
You will receive an email letting you know when you can review your Score Report, usually within one hour after completing your test.
GED Transcripts and Credentials
All Oregon transcripts and certificates will be issued by GED Credentialing, delivered to your email as soon as you have passed all four GED tests, at no cost for the first copy.
Credentials for GED tests taken before 2014 will be available for $15 per request at:
GED Testing Questions
For information or questions about the GED tests, please contact the GED Test Administrator at 503-338-2481. For more information regarding GED preparation classes you may call 503-338-2347 or click here.
Clatsop College currently uses the ACCUPLACER placement test to assess incoming students' level of knowledge and to assist in class placement at registration. The complete test covers Writing, Math and Reading skills and is NOT TIMED. The testing center provides pencils and scratch paper. A student may request earplugs to block out noise distraction. The test is offered several times per week throughout the year. Cost for the entire test is currently $15, or $10 for any one test. Students must sign up for the ACCUPLACER online through their student account. Click here to login to your student account (if you have taken classes at CCC previously you have a student account). STUDENTS WILL NEED TO KNOW THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER in order to take the test. If you need assistance call 503-338-2411 or drop by the Student Services Welcome Center (Columbia Hall, Room 109).
- If you schedule a ACCUPLACER test and miss your appointment, you must pay for the missed session.
- If you reschedule, you must pay for both the missed session and the new session before you will be allowed to test.
ACCUPLACER fees will only be canceled if:
- The Testing Center has an emergency closure, OR
- You contact the Testing Center Proctor via email or phone at least one hour prior to your scheduled ACCUPLACER test, OR
- You go online to your MyCCC account at least one hour prior to your scheduled ACCUPLACER test and complete the cancelation instructions.
Upon completion of testing, a copy of your ACCUPLACER scores will be provided to you. To obtain a copy of your ACCUPLACER scores after this time, please contact the Testing Center at 503-338-2426 or email Testing Center Proctor at email@example.com.
Many students take on-line courses through other institutions. We currently offer test proctoring for those needing to take on-line or paper & pencil exams. There is a $20 per test fee for all Distance Proctored tests. Please contact the Testing Center at 503-338-2426 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to set up a test proctoring appointment.
Students with special needs/accommodations for testing should contact our Disabilities Specialist at 503-338-2474.
Currently, we also offer test proctoring for the following State of Oregon exam:
- Oregon Dept. of Agriculture Pesticide Certification exams
All ODA Pest tests will be administered only via computer. Paper and pencil testing has been discontinued by the ODA.
To schedule a pesticide test:
- Call Metro Institute to schedule a test: 877-533-2900 or visit the signup website.
- Payment is $58 per test attempt and must be paid prior to testing. Payment is made to "Metro Institute" via VISA, MasterCard, American Express, PayPal or personal checks (mailed to: Metro Institute, 331 N. First Ave., Suite 100, Phoenix, AZ 85003. The college is not authorized to accept payment for this test.
- A minimum of 24 hour notice is required to schedule, or reschedule any exam. There is no charge to reschedule an exam with 24-hour notice. This notice must be submitted to Metro Institute through their website.
- You must bring a valid, government issued photo ID to each testing session.
- All exams are closed book. No cell phones, electronic devices, hats, hoodies or outside writing implements will be allowed. The testing center provides basic calculators, scratch paper and pencils.
- GED testing: please email GED Test Administrator at email@example.com, or call 503-338-2481.
- ODA Pesticide Testing: Call Metro Institute to schedule a test: 877-533-2900 or visit the signup website.
- For further information regarding ALL other testing needs and to make testing appointments, please email Testing Center Proctor at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a phone message at 503-338-2426.