Using the latest techniques and procedures, this degree prepares you for a successful career as a registered nurse (RN). RNs are primarily responsible for patient care and patient care management. Your high-tech education in this program includes hands-on experience and a wide range of clinical skills. Upon successful completion of the program, you are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN exam.
After successfully completing the two-year ADN program, you will receive an Associate of Applied Science – Nursing Degree and are eligible to take the licensing exam for registered nursing (RN). Registered nurses are caring and use knowledge, skills, and problem-solving abilities to help individuals, families, and groups with health needs. RNs plan, care, and work with people to help them become healthier or to regain health after illness or surgery. Nurses teach health practices to clients and other health care providers, and frequently supervise the work of nursing assistants and practical nurses. RNs also administer medications and perform treatments for patients. Nurses work in a variety of settings, including hospitals and long-term care, schools, industry, clinics, and patients’ homes.
Detailed information about the nursing program and the classes can be found in the College catalog.
Clatsop offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing. Enrollment is limited and you must apply for admission. If accepted, you will begin nursing classes fall term. Applications are evaluated on a point scale that is based on grade point average, course work completed, residency, previous degrees, and a proctored essay.
Minimum Application Qualifications and Evaluation of Applications (Points System) for 2019, please click here (459 kb).
- Applications are accepted after January 2, 2019
- Application deadline for fall 2019 is February 15, 2019
- Applications must be received by the deadline to be considered.
NURSING PROGRAM APPLICATION (Print PDF) packet click here (609 kb).
NURSING PROGRAM APPLICATION (Fillable PDF) packet click here (1 MB).
TEAS exams are mandatory for applicants. Schedule a test time by calling the CCC Welcome Center at 503-338-2411. The testing center is located at Clatsop Community College in Columbia Hall Rm 110 on the following dates:
- Friday Jan.4, 2019 (1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Jan. 12, 2019 (1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.)
- Friday Jan. 18, 2019 (1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Jan. 26, 2019 (1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.)
- Friday Feb. 1, 2019 (1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.)
- Saturday Feb. 2, 2019 (1:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.)
TEAS EXAM INFORMATION click here.
On CCC campus in Columbia Hall Rm 219 or Rm 221:
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Col. Rm 221
- Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2018 @ 6:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. Col. Rm 219
- Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Col. Rm 219
- Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. Col. Rm 219
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND AT LEAST ONE SESSION! These sessions are not mandatory, but are very helpful.