Medical Assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep healthcare delivery systems running smoothly. They work in reception, scheduling, medical records, insurance billing, and as a medical office secretary. Medical Assistants will also work as a clinical assistant to the physician by preparing patients for examinations, assisting with treatments, collecting and testing specimens and educating patients on health promotion and disease prevention issues.
The Medical Assistant program has an excellent record of placing graduates into employment with 90% of our graduates in the last two years working full or part time as Medical Assistants. Average wages for medical assistants in our region range from $14 to $18 per hour.
"The medical assisting program at CCC was a wonderful experience for me. Not only did I learn the skills to be a successful MA, but I also gained great friends and confidence in myself and my abilities. The classes and practicum experience gave me the knowledge and skills to jump into my role as a MA in a very busy and successful family practice without missing a beat. I now work for a great doctor and love going to work everyday!"
- Students begin the program only in Fall. Students interested in the Medical Assistant program beginning Fall Term should contact Holly Tumbarello the first week of April to obtain information on enrollment for Fall Term. Come to Columbia Hall, Room 203 during the instructor's office hours. Bring a copy of your placement test results OR previous college transcripts.
- Complete the necessary pre-enrollment process as outlined by Holly Tumbarello, Instructor.
- Take the placement evaluation if necessary. (You will be prompted to register online for the placement test through online admissions. For more information about the Placement Evaluation click here).
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor (If you need help identifying your advisor contact the Student Services Center at 503-338-2411 or email).
- Register for Classes. This requires instructor permission and class codes.