When Americans need help, we are the ones to answer the call.
Whether it is fires in our homes, motor vehicle collisions, medical issues, wildland fires, natural disasters, calls for public assistance, or fire prevention and education, since the 1700s the American Fire Service has been responding to emergencies, and providing aid in our communities. Clatsop Community College’s Fire Science Department is proud to provide the education to the next generation of America’s Heroes.
Clatsop Community College’s Fire Science program provides high quality fire training in the areas of:
- United States Coast Guard approved Basic and Advanced Maritime Firefighting.
- A less than one year Career Pathways Certificate in Fire Science.
- A two year Associates of Applied Sciences in Fire Science Degree.
- Hands on training for local structural and industrial fire departments.
The Fire Science programs at Clatsop Community College meet the standards set forth by the Federal Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) standards program, the United States Coast Guard, the National Widlfire Coordination Group, and the State of Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training. Upon completion of an AAS in Fire Science Degree, our students meet the entry requirements for BA/BS programs in Fire Service Administration.
Fire Science Pathways Certificate Program
Length of training: approximately 6 months
Roadmap for Fire Science
- Complete the online application.
- Take the COMPASS placement evaluation (You will be prompted to register online for the COMPASS through online admissions. For more information about the COMPASS Placement Evaluation click here).
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor (If you need help identifying your advisor contact the Student Services Center at 503-338-2411 or email).
- Register for Classes.