Federal Work Study


FEDERAL WORK STUDY (FWS):  This is a need-based program and is available fall, winter and spring terms.  Employment opportunities are available on and off campus.  The student must be enrolled at least half time and may begin working only after FWS has been offered through an Award Letter and accepted by the student by completing the necessary paperwork on our Federal Work Study page.  Students must apply early, demonstrate need, and request the offer of work study on the Financial Aid Information Request (FAIR) sent to them after their FAFSA is received.  Additional steps are required to accept FWS if offered on an Award Letter.

All Work Study students!

All work study students must complete the "Online Employment Application" before they will be considered and approved to be placed in a work study position.  Returning students who had work study last year are required to complete the online application before being considered for a position on or off campus. The online employment application is located in the work study forms area.

All College employees are Mandatory Child Abuse Reporters. This includes all students who work for the College in the Federal Work Study Program. Here is more information regarding the policy:

Federal Work Study is an employment opportunity for students demonstrating financial need. Students work a part time job on campus, or for certain approved off-campus employers.

Work Study is:

  • Earn-as-you-go aid. Students earn money as they work, rather than a single lump sum.
  • Flexible for students. Student work a specific number of hours based on their Work Study award. Employers often allow flexibility to accommodate class schedules.
  • Not credited toward tuition and fees. Students receive a monthly paycheck for hours worked.

How to Participate in Federal Work Study:

  1. Apply for financial aid at
  2. Received award letter with offer of "Potential Federal Work Study".
  3. Fill out all paperwork including the "Online Employment Application" listed on checklist.
  4. Search for a position on the CCC web side or at the financial aid office in Columbia Hall.
  5. Once hired, your supervisor will complete your Payroll Authorization form available in the Work Study Forms section.
  6. Return all paperwork to the Financial Aid Office.
  7. Student and Supervisor will receive an email from Human Resources with a date the student can start working.
  8. After your first day of work start tracking your hours online through ADP.


Federal Work Study Resources:


Timesheets must be entered in ADP for supervisor approval by the due date listed each month. Review the following to register and enter time in ADP.


Supervisor's please review the following:



Last Updated: 
February 11, 2016, 11:44 am
-A A +A
Edit My CCC Account