2018 APPLICATION INFORMATION:
1. To review the Minimum Application Qualifications and the information on Evaluation of Applications (Points System) for 2018, please click here (365 kb). The application deadline for fall 2018 is February 15, 2018. Applications are accepted after January 2, 2018. Applications must be received by the deadline to be considered.
2. The 2018 application will be posted by Nov. 1, 2017. To review the 2017 NURSING PROGRAM APPLICATION packet click here (608 kb).
3. TEAS exams are mandatory for applicants and can be scheduled by calling the CCC Welcome Center @ 503-338-2438. Exams will be held on the Clatsop Community College Astoria campus in Columbia Hall # 110 on the following dates:
Friday Jan.5, 2018 (2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.)
Saturday Jan. 13, 2018 (2:00 p.m. -6:00 p.m.)
Friday Jan. 19, 2018 (2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.)
Saturday Jan. 27, 2018 (2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.)
Friday Feb.2, 2018 (2:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.)
Saturday Feb. 10, 2018 (2:00-6:00 p.m.)
4. To review the 2018 TEAS EXAM INFORMATION click here (398 kb).
5. To review 2018 TEAS EXAM CONTENT OUTLINE click here.
6. APPLICATION ADVISING SESSIONS on the main campus in Columbia Hall # 219 or #221:
Thursday Nov. 9, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Col. # 221
Wednesday Nov. 15, 2017 @ 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Col. #219
Thursday Nov. 30, 2017 @ 12:00 p.m. -1:00 p.m. Col. # 219
Thursday Dec. 7, 2017 @ 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. Col. # 219
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND AT LEAST ONE SESSION! These sessions are not mandatory, but are very helpful.
THE NURSING PROGRAM AT CLATSOP COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Thank you for your interest in nursing at Clatsop Community College. Clatsop offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing. Enrollment is limited and you must apply for admission. If accepted, you will begin nursing classes fall term. Applications are evaluated on a point scale that is based on grade point average, course work completed, residency, previous degrees, and a proctored essay.
PRACTICAL NURSING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM: Beginning fall term 2016 Clatsop will no longer offer the Practical Nursing Certificate.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING (ADN-RN program): After successfully completing the two-year ADN program, you will receive an Associate of Applied Science - Nursing Degree and are eligible to take the licensing exam for registered nursing (RN). Registered nurses are caring and use knowledge, skills, and problem-solving abilities to help individuals, families, and groups with health needs. RNs plan, care, and work with people to help them become healthier or to regain health after illness or surgery. Nurses teach health practices to clients and other health care providers, and frequently supervise the work of nursing assistants and practical nurses. RNs also administer medications and perform treatments for patients. Nurses work in a variety of settings, including hospitals and long-term care, schools, industry, clinics, and patients' homes.
RE-ENTRY OR ADVANCED PLACEMENT ADMISSION: Students applying for either re-entry or advanced placement must first schedule a meeting with Allison Sansom, Director of Nursing and Allied Health. A student may enter the nursing program after NUR 101 under one of two categories:
RE-ENTRY: A student who withdraws from the Clatsop CC nursing program after NUR 101 has one opportunity to re-enter the program. A student is eligible for re-entry if she/he:
Acceptance is contingent on availability of space.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT: CLATSOP COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ADVANCED PLACEMENT AT THIS TIME. CHECK BACK LATER FOR A CHANGE IN THIS STATUS.
A student is eligible for advanced placement if she/he has:
All students seeking admission into the second year of the Clatsop CC nursing program will be required to successfully complete NUR 111. Acceptance into the nursing program at Clatsop CC as an advanced placement student is contingent on availability of space.
Detailed information about the nursing program and the classes can be found in the College catalog.
In order to view these documents (.pdf) you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer.